Alberta PNP Program
Get to know about Alberta PNP Program
Alberta PNP Program
What is the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)?
Now popularly known as AAIP-Alberta Advantage Immigrant Program. This program targets individuals with the skills and abilities to address Alberta’s labor market shortages. The Alberta nominee program accepts applications from skilled workers through the Alberta Opportunity Pathway and Express Entry system. Also, AINP administers two business immigration pathways, the Farmer Self-Employed and the Overseas Graduate Entrepreneur Pathway.
Alberta PNP is administered by the Government of Alberta in partnership with the National Immigration and Refugee Agency IRCC, and the Canadian Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Service. Candidates interested in immigrating to Canada through the AINP must go through a two-step process:
- Apply to the Alberta Government for Provincial Endorsement
- If the nomination is successful, then apply to the federal government for their PR visa in Canada.
Each year AINP receives a certain number of nominations from IRCC.
What are the different AINP immigration routes?
The AINP or Alberta Candidate Program accepts applications from candidates through their four immigration pathways:
- Alberta Opportunity Pathway
- Express Entry Pathway
- Farmer Self-Employed Pathway
- Overseas Graduate Entrepreneur Pathway
Alberta Opportunity Pathway
AINP launched the Alberta Opportunity Pathway in June 2018, replacing the province’s Employer Focused and Strategic Recruitment Paths. Thus, it aims to simplify the AINP application process, reduce waiting times, and make the system fairer to employers and applicants.
Minimum requirements for the AINP Opportunity Pathway
To qualify for the Alberta Opportunity Pathway, candidates must meet different types of requirements. Unless otherwise stated, all requirements must be met at the time the application is submitted and the application is reviewed by the AINP.
Work Visa and Residence Permit
Eligible candidates must have valid temporary resident status in Canada. This will give them a work permit. Further, a valid work visa must be based on one of the following:
- Affirmative LMIA – Labor Market Impact Assessment
- Exemption for LMIA through inter-company transferees, International Trade Agreements, Mobility Francophone or International Experience
- And, Post-graduate Work Visa
Candidates must also be working in a qualified occupation.
- Refugees under removal or appeal proceedings
- Provisional Residents outside Alberta
- Provisional Resident or Temporary Status at Restoration
Those with postgraduate work visas must also meet additional requirements. Moreover, your current occupation must be related to your field of study in Alberta.
If you were enrolled and accepted into the program before April 1, 2019, your qualification must have been provided by an accrediting body and must be one of the following:
- Postgraduate certificate or at least one-year certificate
- Diploma program of at least 2 years
- Bachelor’s degree at the undergraduate level
- Diploma, Certificate, or Degree at the Graduate level
If you are enrolled in the program on or after April 1, 2019, and are approved, your qualification must be on the Alberta Opportunity Pathway approved list.
In order to qualify for the Alberta Opportunity Pathway, you must be in a qualified occupation in Alberta. The majority of occupations based on TEER 0, 1, 2, 3 and qualify for their AINP. Unlike other provinces in Canada, Alberta does not prioritize candidates if the occupation is pre-listed on a specific list. In contrast, the AINP has a list of disqualifying occupations.
At the time of application, you must submit language test results demonstrating at least CLB – Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 in all language skills in French (NCLC – Levelx de Competence Linguistique Canadiens) or English. This applies to most TEER.
In spite of this, the only exceptions are Applicants under NOC Code 3413 – Patient Service Associates, Ordonnants, and Nursing Aides. For French or English language proficiency, a minimum level 7 CLB or NCLC language test score is required.
Applicant must have completed at least high school education in their home country of origin at the time of application.
Beginning January 1, 2021, candidates must have completed at least one high school education that meets Alberta standards.
As of January 1, 2020, language requirements for candidates applying in TEER 1,2,3 have been increased to NCLC or CLB Level 5.
Work Experience Requirements
When submitting your application, you will need:
Within the last 18 months, you must have at least 12 months of full-time experience at your current job in Alberta.
Also, at least 24 months of full-time experience working in your current job in Canada or abroad within the last 30 months. (Maybe a combination of experience gained in Alberta, outside Alberta, Canada, or abroad.)
Postgraduate work visa holders are required to have at least 6 months of work experience in the following areas:
- Current job in Alberta in the last 18 months.
- In an occupation connected to their studies on par with a credential and institution authorized in Alberta
Candidate must be certified, registered, or licensed to work in your current profession in Alberta.
In order to work in your current Alberta employment and to be employed full-time in that profession with that Alberta employer. Therefore, Candidate must have a valid full-time job offer from your Alberta employer.
Additionally, the job application must be signed by you and your Alberta employer and include the following:
- Must have uninterrupted paid work
- Full-time employment of 30 hours or more per week for one year
- Employment at current job
- Employment in an AINP-qualified occupation where you have a work visa and also meet the requirements for an AINP work visa
What is the Alberta Express Entry Pathway?
Alberta’s Express Entry Pathway allows the province to select a limited number of eligible applicants for nomination from the Federal Express Entry Pool. Furthermore, AINP selects suitable candidates directly from the Express Entry pool. Applicants must first obtain an expression of interest before applying.
The Immigration Path is for candidates who have strong ties to Alberta and can improve the economy and increase diversity in the province. Definitely, they are also looking for foreign graduates.
Alberta Express Entry Stream Requirements
- Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible to receive an expression of interest:
- Have an operating profile in the Canada Express Entry pool
Must express interest in permanent residency in Alberta
Need a job that promotes Alberta’s diversification and economic development
Minimum CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score must be 300 points
The following factors may increase the probability of a candidate receiving their NOI.
- Job postings from Alberta employers and/or work experience in Alberta
- Graduated from a Canadian tertiary institution
- Presence of relatives residing in Alberta:
- Siblings and/or children, parents
The following factors may reduce a candidate’s chances of receiving their NOI:
- Your Express Entry profile will expire in the next 90 days
- Work in unskilled jobs
Alberta’s self-independent Farmer Path
AINP works closely with the Alberta Department of Agriculture and Forestry to manage the Independent Farmer Path. Preference will be given to candidates who have operational management skills and sufficient funds to invest in agricultural businesses in the state.
Applicants for the Self-Employed Farmer Path must have:
- Management experience in an existing agricultural business
- Work experience, training, and education are essential to running a profitable agricultural business in Alberta.
- A business plan for an agricultural company that must be incorporated in the state.
- Evidence that a Canadian financial institution is willing to fund the proposed agricultural venture.
- At least $500,000 of equity for farm investment. The minimum net worth of $500,000 or permission to access such funds.
Alberta Overseas Graduate Entrepreneurship Pathway
The Alberta Overseas Graduate Entrepreneurship Pathway is for international graduates of Alberta’s post-secondary institutions. You must have the desire to operate or establish a business in the state.
Candidates must first work or establish a business in Alberta for at least one year while still holding a work visa. After meeting the conditions of the Business Performance Agreement, they are nominated by the AINP for PR visa to Canada.
Steps to apply for a PR visa through the AINPs Entrepreneur Pathway
Step 1: Setting EOI – Expression of Interest
Candidates who meet the edible criteria can submit their EOI to be assessed and scored within one month of submission. Those who secure the highest rank will be required to submit a business application form.
Step 2: Submitting commercial packages
Candidates selected from the EOI pool must submit a business application within three months. You must also pay a non-refundable application fee of $3,500.
Step 3: Business application evaluation
AINP will evaluate the business application along with the supporting documents after receiving the application from the candidate. A signed BPA – Business Benefits Agreement will be sent to candidates with approved Business Applications.
BPA is a legal agreement between Alberta and the Candidate. Signed within 14 days, it must be returned to AINP. Candidates will be provided with a Business Application Approval Letter from the AINP upon receipt of the signed BPA.
Step 4: Establishing a company in Alberta
Candidates can reside in Alberta and actively operate and own a business for a minimum of one year after receiving the Business Application Approval Letter. Must own at least 34% of the company.
Step 5: Final Report of AINP Nomination
A final report of nominations by the AINP will be submitted after the achievement of performance requirements. The AINP will forward the endorsement letter to IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada upon approving the final report and sending the endorsement letter to the candidate.
Latest Alberta PNP Draw
Candidate profiles for the Canada Express Entry Pool are reviewed regularly by the AINP. Then, provide the candidate with their NOI and invite them to apply for nominations via the AINP lottery. Details of each draw are generally announced approximately one month after the draw.
What jobs are in demand in Alberta?
Below is a list of occupations that are legally in demand in Alberta.
- Managerial Occupations
- Applied Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Related Professions
- Financial and business administration professionals
- Occupations in Religion, Government Service, Education, and Social Sciences
- Health profession
- Sales and service jobs
- Occupations in Sports Leisure, Culture, and Art
- Occupations devoted to manufacturing, processing, and utilities
Equipment, Transportation, Trades and Operators, and Related Transactions
How Can Uni Connect Visas Assist You?
Uni connect Visas assist thousands of people to successfully immigrate to Canada with their families through the Federal Express Entry Program. Our qualified and experienced immigration professionals have the expertise to accurately assess your case and recommend the most appropriate course of action to best meet your needs.
Uni connect visas has accumulated a wealth of goodwill and extensive experience in this dynamic immigration industry, invariably helping various aspiring emigrants achieve their goals abroad.
As one of the top brands in the immigration sector, we are a trusted immigration agency with a proven track record of successful PR visa applications for thousands. Below are the key factors that make us the premier Canada PR visa immigration consultant:
- Our Consultation is provided by licensed immigration consultants
- A step-by-step guide to qualifications and procedures
- Maintain safe online processes and transparency
- Complaint system for each process
- Each case is evaluated numerous times before submission
- Easy assessment of qualifications and skills
Providing seamless immigration service building trust in society with full transparency. Uni Connect Immigration services is determined towards sharing a common goal